Saturday 18 October 2014

Rooftop Shenanigans

I finally found an apartment!!


September was an extremely stressful month, I was homeless. I'm so grateful for and thankful to my amazing friends who tolerated me and let me stay with them for a whole month.
I applied for residence so I didn't think I would need to look for apartments plus my summer was very busy so I didn't really even have time. The week before school started I was #202 on the wait list for a room in the residence, I knew I was in trouble!
Finding apartments downtown is no joke! I wanted to live as close to school as possible and it made my search more difficult.
Kijiji and Craigslist became my best friends, I probably replied to more than 200 ads during my search.
By the middle of september, I was fed up! I was frustrated and stressed out. It was mentally, emotionally and physically draining. I had lists of apartments to look at almost everyday after school, and most times they weren't in the same area.
 I found many roommates, we would find a place and decide to rent it, something would come up, and it was back to square one for me. It was also stressing my parents out, it became a prayer point.

I got an air mattress and lived in my friends' living room for a whole month, it was not the ideal situation, because the mattress was not comfortable, but at least I had a place to stay. It was awesome living with them, I didn't ever have to cook because they were always cooking, plus they are hilarious! it was fun living with them.

The patient dog really gets the fattest bone! I looked at my apartment on tuesday night and on thursday night i moved in! It was so easy, it was unreal! the landlord didn't stress me, she even let me move in 4 days before the end of September and didn't ask me to pay extra. I had come to look at a room in this building before, but the landlord gave the room out an hour later, I was extremely pissed because I really wanted to live here. Its near everything and it has amazing amenities, the apartment was completely furnished, so I didn't have to buy anything at all.

I was bored a few days ago and decided to check if the building has a roof top patio, It did! It has 2 actually. I'm a tad bit afraid of heights, my legs actually started shaking when I looked down, but the view is AMAZING!! It had been raining so it was a little wet, but that didn't stop me from taking lots of pictures. My friend who came to visit, Debrah did my makeup, she beat my face for the gods honey! she also took the pictures, I put her to work :)
I was wearing a black dress, then it got a little cold, so threw on one of my favourite thrifted sweaters, love it!

I'm just so happy that I found a place to live! I'm not homeless anymore!! Thank you Jesus!

















I'm always doing some kind of dance


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you girly! You see every disappointment is a blessing in disguise, you did not only get an apartment, you got a great deal!! I love your make up and that sweater! I'm coming to get it ;)
    Yvonne Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you are now settled in. It was really nice of your friends to have had your back when you were in trouble. I hope you are having fun in your new apartment. It's really cozy to be living in your own place, yeah? Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that with us. All the best to you! :)

    Benny Daniel @ Finlay Brewer Limited

    ReplyDelete